Wednesday, September 29, 2010

MobilePay May Be The Death Of The Wallet. Yes, For Real This Time.

I absolutely hate carrying around both my phone and my wallet in my pocket. What if I could just carry around my phone and my driver's license? That would be awesome. If MobilePay USA takes off, my wish will come true. The company, which was the TechCrunch Disrupt attendee pick to come out of the Startup Alley today seems fairly amazing. It's an iPhone app (right now, but they will expand it to many mobile platforms) that replaces your credit cards and loyalty cards. You simply enter in your credit card data (but don't worry, it isn't stored on your device, it's securely stored in the cloud) and you can pay for things with the click of a button rather than fumbling around for and carrying all your credit cards.

ARROW ELECTRONICS ASML HOLDING ASUSTEK COMPUTER AT&T AUTODESK